10 Things I Liked About Meet the Robinsons

I have always been a bit of a list person, I just can't seem to think without them!

So here's my latest and it's about the movie I saw just last weekend even though it's been out since 2007 (I like to lag behind and not be so up-to-date with movies and TV series so that I get screened reviews from friends.) It was Lala who I remember mentioning to me this film but I got it from Gwenn's laptop collection. (By the way, I'm crossing my fingers for luck that Gwenn will get her internship.)

Anyway, the 10 things I liked about Meet the Robinsons:

1. Lewis

I like that he works. He invents. He dreams. Excellent role-model for a 12-year-old kid. Very inspiring. He dreams of flying cars and improving life and in his words, "All it takes is a little science and a bit of imagination." So Einstein. (As a matter of fact, Einstein was featured thrice in the film - notice the alarm clock? And Lewis was referred to twice as Einstein - once by Wilbur and then by Mildred.) Truly, Lewis is "a very special kid."

2. A touching storyline - the familiar need for a family. Related and presented in a fresh, new way and with wit and subtlety. (Somehow, the film avoids being preachy.)

3. It teaches us to let go of our pain.

"In the end, you will only just remember how it feels."
- Rob Thomas, Little Wonders

4. Goob - "What kind of a name is that for a villain?!" Lol. He's funny! Here's another: "Crush the dreams of that poor little orphan boy!!!"

5. The T-Rex...with his big head and little arms!

6. "Well it's just that there's a million of them and I have little arms. I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through." - Frankie the Frog, responding to his master's
query as to why he was not seizing the @!#$%?! boy

Frog's voice is pretty damn good too! (I'll be remembering his song, haha!)

7. KEEP MOVING FORWARD! How can I forget? =)

8. The Robinsons. This film has heart. I wonder if the book it's based on is just as good as well (A Day With Wilbur Robinson by William Joyce).

9. Great prod-work! The animation, the voice-acting, the script...Kudos to Disney. Great job! Keep Moving Forward!

10. "Even when I'm wrong, I'm right." Franny's karate scenes were show-stealing! And yeah, a word of advice to the men out there, even when the women are wrong, they're always right.

I loved meeting them Robinsons. Thank you!

meet the robinsons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

valentines 2011

conceit and humility :)