Dried Up

I invite comments.



Taken from the site of 'Dried Up' on vimeo:

It is a thesis project for Jeremy Casper and Isaiah Powers BFA in animation.

“Dried Up” is the story of a quiet old man who, surrounded by desolation and apathy, perseveres to remain true to the nature of his own beliefs and character. He toils daily to forge a last ditch effort to bring hope and life to a faithless, drought ridden old town.


References:

Diola, M., 2010. Hope and Ordinary Work in 6 minutes. All Amateur Advice on an Array of Angles, [blog] 26 October, Available at http://www.allamateuradvice.com/ [Accessed 29 October 2010].

Vimeo, 2010. Dried Up. [online] Available at http://vimeo.com/5086128 [Accessed 29 October 2010].

Wayner, P., 2010. Animation in Starts and Stops, Simplified. The New York Times, [online] 20 October. Available at http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/21/technology/personaltech/21basics.html?_r=1&ref=global-home [Accessed 29 October 2010].

Comments

  1. I might be mistaken but I think I might have heard of this short film already prior to watching it but I didn't take the time to really notice it and see for myself what it had to present. But watching this today, my mouth dropped open and I was humanly touched. I was especially inspired by what the authors of the film has tried to convey. Hope, and being true to your beliefs and your character...wow. Isn't it inspiring? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is inspiring. When I saw the first scene, I thought the old man would die for sure because he was already "dried up." He was thin and he seemed to be dehydrated, just like the desert where he was in. I didn't think he was the hope of the town until the middle part where the film showed him creating something.

    This comes at a very good timing because I am already almost dried up working on my current project. For almost three years now, I haven't gone overtime at work. It is only during this last project that I have had to spend more than 14 hours at the office. It's draining me.

    This film reminds me to just keep on working even if we're dried up already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this comment. :) I really wanted to share this and was hungry to know what others thought. I can be voracious like that. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

valentines 2011