Asian scientists to watch

Lala and I were fans of certain CS professors of UP. We even stalked some of them while we were still in undergrad in UP (aminin!!). She sent me a link that I was able to check just now regarding Prof. Saloma, who is currently on Asian Scientist's list of the ultimate 15 Asian scientists to watch. He's the only Filipino there.

I was awed by my professors. They truly made a lasting impression on me. And reading about him making that list made me remember the sort of company I had been surrounded with while I was taking my undergraduate degree.

My college years were so inspiring, I remember. And I was so filled with ideals when I graduated. But I don't know what's happening to me right now.

Reading the article about Prof. Saloma made me remember the place I had come from in terms of education, and WHO my educators were, and the ideals they held up, as well as the values they kept.

It was like coming across a memento from a crush or something, and that thing takes you back to a certain point in time that occurred between you and your crush. And you remember. You recall. You flashback.

(It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now...There were moments of cold and there were flashes of light...Hehehe...)

Anyway, this is just a sidenote. I need to go on to the business of the day.

Have a great day, guys!

P.S.

The professor I stalked was...Sir Perry! There was a time when I printed out his testimonials from Friendster and I swear if you had given me then a Fill in the Blanks test with regard to those, I could have filled it out perfectly!

Another time I visited the archives section of our main library and dug up articles that featured Sir Perry from as far back as 1984, when he was still 11 years old. I made myself facsimiles of those articles. Hehe.

And then in class, I'd sit in front and smile if he should glance my way. Hahahaha!

By the way, I don't do this with real crushes. Hehe.

Yes. With real crushes, it's different. I investigate their phone numbers through a directory, and then I call them up to hear their voice, and in the event that I should find myself talking to them, I would pretend to be some random Red Cross volunteer or something, who is just randomly calling to see if the person on the other end would like to maybe...you know...donate a kidney or something. Well, that's my excuse anyway. Bahala na siya kung ano ang iisipin niya. Hahahahahaha!

Joke lang. I wouldn't do that. I get too shy and intimidated by them.

But why are we talking about crushes anyway? I'm logging out now. Bye! ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures

valentines 2011