marginalia

Speaking of Time, I just wanted to write about this. I started scribbling on the margins and in between spaces in my Time Magazine. I would put in comments like for example:

“Nam Yong [of LG Electronics]…is a CEO who believes in taking aggressive action and living with it. Once he decides that it makes sense to move down a path, he doesn’t look back.” (Schuman 2010, pp.42-43)

And then I would scribble: (arrow) Don’t you just love it when people get gutsy and go all-out??!!

Another example:

“Nam says, ‘To show some profit [in a recession] is important, but not as important as long-term sustainable profit. This is a time to really come up with long-term competitiveness rather than short-term profits.”(Schuman 2010, p.43)

And I underlined the whole quote and wrote, as though nodding vigorously: True of life as well!!!!!

Hahahaha! ^_^

So one time, I texted Lala: Sweet, don’t buy a Time mag na. I have with me the issue about only children and I’ll hand it to you when next we meet.

That time, however, I found myself in Eastwood and with Allison in the vicinity. So I met up with him and asked him to hand to Lala the mag. After a few days, I rang her up to chat and then I mentioned the magazine. “Have you taken a look at the Time mag yet?”

“No,” she admitted. “Haven’t opened a page still.”

“It’s interactive,” I informed her.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“You’ll see,” I answered.

We three – Allison, Lala and I – saw each other a few weeks later and we had dinner together.

“Cor!” Lala said. “Writing scribbles on the magazine was a great idea!”

“Really?” I asked. And then out of simple curiosity, “Did you write anything back?”

“FLAMES!” she responded.

I rolled my eyes. We talked of other things for a while. And then I returned to the previous discussion.

“Did you really write anything?” I asked her again.

“Hangman!” she chirped.

Whatever. Hand me that Time Mag already Lala. I have another one to lend you. It has scribblings on it again!! (Hehe.) I want to know what you did with the mag. See you soon!


References:

Schuman, M., 2010. Defying Gravity. Time, 2 Aug. pp.41-43.

Comments

  1. and i cannot believe you actually keep track of my elementary kid comebacks! hahaha! i sound funnier and miles "stupid-er" in your posts, dahleng. keep it up! :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

valentines 2011

conceit and humility :)