Starbucks

What do you do during the weekend? Describe.

I sit in my favorite corner at Starbucks, wearing my favorite blue Guess jeans, a black top with pink embroidered flowers and a gray cotton jacket covering my shoulders. On the circular tabletop in front of me lies a plate empty of its contents, save for a knife set across it, stained with hardened chocolate. To its right stands a tall size mocha frappucino in its transparent vessel, looking barely sipped as yet. A green straw is inserted through the opening on its cap. I take out a book or a reading, or a pen and notebook. Once in a while, I let my gaze slide among the occupants in the half-glass encased cafĂ© and I spy two yuppies with nurse’s caps perched on top of their heads, snapping pictures of themselves with their digicam.

I snap out of my reverie with the ringing of my phone and it’s Clyde. She wants to know if our Katipunan rendezvous is still on. I reply it is. I get up and gather my things but before I leave the mall, I make a few side-trips. I visit the bookstore and I try a clothing boutique. And then it hits me for the nth frustrating time that I had managed again to lose a paper bag I usually carry with me. I retrace my steps in an effort to locate what I had inadvertently lost. I sheepishly return to Starbucks to retrieve my stuff.

The nurses look at me. “Sabi ko sa ‘yo naiwan niya eh…” one said to the other. I give them an embarrassed smile. I exit Starbucks for the second time that day with movements that were unhurried for by this time I had learned to be unperturbed by one of the many normal blunders I make in life. I take the jeep and casually relax, knowing I have all the time in the world to meet Clyde.

So what’s your weekend like? :)

Comments

  1. I like your style here. Super descriptive sa first paragraph. Nakita kita. Ang galing.

    As for my weekend, it went by so fast. My Globe friends and I got drunk last Friday. I had a major hangover on Saturday so I slept most of the day. As for Sunday, nothing exciting happened. It was a typical weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed thinking this up and writing it too. I actually started thinking this up as a text message of sorts or something to share with my students of before...

    I'm glad you like it. That's quite a compliment. Sorry I haven't replied to your comment asap. Some things...

    I know, weekends go by so fast, right?

    I'm glad that you and your Globe friends still hang with each other. It sounds like maganda ang samahan nyo. I guess I say this because you've already left the company and yet you still see them. It seems to me that you wouldn't be hanging out still unless you truly enjoy each other's company. I don't know if what I said sounds so girly. Hihi. ^_^

    Rock on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures