miserable

Once upon a time, two collaborating TV producers were raking their brains to come up with the next great TV drama ever. One day, TV producer 1 said to the other, “I know! Let’s do the cinderella story again! Everybody loves that!”

“Done already,” he dismissed. “Princess Hours was cinderella with two princes. My Girl was cinderella with a twist about lying. It’s hackneyed.”

“Ah, but in this cinderella, the prince rejects her…he goes after her horrible stepsister, who rejects him in turn because of her secret dark past!”

TV producer 1 thinks for a moment. “Eureka! That’s never been done! Let’s do it!”

Pure nonsense, the above. I’m just appreciating cinderella’s sister. More to the point, I like this part of what Eun-jo says about Ki-hoon. It’s very plaintive and subtle, but I like it. It’s also understated, and it feels real, and maybe I can relate to it, which might constitute why I like it. Who cares what the reason is? I just like it!

I ache when I see him
and I ache when I can't see him.
I'm miserable when he's here
and I'm miserable when he's not.
I'm miserable when he smiles at me
and I'm miserable when he smiles at others.
My name...
When he calls my name, I'm miserable.
When he doesn't call my name, I'm miserable.
As long as the earth doesn't swallow me up this instant,
I will continue to be miserable.
But I would rather have him here.
Then I can act like I can't stand him.
That would be better than not having him here.

Galing ng pagkagawa. You know from what she's saying that she likes him, that he gets to her. I find it bittersweet. And strangely truthful. If I had a facebook account, magpaparinig sana ako, I'll post this. Haha. And then when others ask, I'll deny anything. I'll say I just like it. Which is true. But I don't have a facebook account, so I'll make parinig nalang here. Miserable, isn't it? Lol. :)

Comments

  1. I can relate! And I think I know the story behind this. Hihihihi. Keep on loving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clyde: Yeah, miserable is so much like a girl.
    cory: ka relate ka? (nakakarelate ikaw?)
    clyde: hahaha. ngano, ikaw, wala? (bakit, ikaw, hindi?)
    cory: eh? ako gapost sako blog hello? (ako nagpost sa blog ko, hello?) defensive girl - i was just asking if you like it, and if you relate to it.
    clyde: Haha. Yeah, I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

valentines 2011