when you feel alone

“Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.” - Stephen King

There's a heartache that comes with being alone. And that heartache means many different things and is felt in many different ways. You can always try to deal with it but for some reason, it never really goes away.

I take the route of acceptance when it comes to dealing. It breeds equanimity. When you realize you're supposed to feel sad, you don't feel the pressure to be happy, you'll feel pretty much better. And when you have the time, you can always play a song. That's what songwriters and recording artists make them available for.

A Place In This World

I don't know what I want.
So don't ask me.
'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out.

Don't know what's down this road.
I'm just walking.
Trying to see through the rain coming down.

Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do.

Chorus
I'm alone, on my own.
And that's all I know.
I'll be strong,
I'll be wrong.
Oh, but life goes on.
Oh, I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world.

Got the radio on,
My old blue jeans.
And I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve.

Feeling lucky today,
Got the sunshine.
Could you tell me what more do I need?

And tomorrow's just a mystery, oh yeah.
But that's okay!

Chorus

Maybe I'm just a girl on a mission.
But I'm ready to fly!

Chorus

Oh, I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world.

Thank you, Taylor Swift. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures

valentines 2011