Superman

One of the things I do when I’m sad is plug a song to my ears. I usually like to play a song that captures a positive feeling or a light mood. Just not something suicidal or sinister. Hehe.

I feel terrible right now, a feeling that will pass but a secret I will say to you. I feel as though my dreams will never come true. How depressing, right? And I feel morose about what kind of future I might have.

Now, nothing whatsoever to do with why I’m feeling bad right now, but since yesterday, I’ve been playing this song over and over. Its title is Superman. So while I lie on my bed with sad tears on my cheeks, I play the song again and again, listening to its lyrics, thinking about what it is calling to mind.

Tall, dark, and super manly,
Puts papers in his briefcase and drives away…
To save the world or go to work –
It’s the same thing to me…

I like this song, because it describes a man who goes to work and how it likens this to saving the world, because work is really something we do for others, or, generally speaking, something we do for humanity. :p

He’s got his mother’s eyes, his father’s amibition;
I wonder if he knows how much that I miss him.
I hang on every word you say…

And it reminds me of the guys that I like, and I how I think they are beautiful, and how their qualities shine out to me, until I feel as though objectively sure that they must be superman.

I watch Superman fly away!
You got a busy day today…
Go save the world, I’ll be around.
I watch Superman fly away!
Come back, I’ll be with you someday…
I’ll be right here on the ground…
When you come back down. :)

I’ve always liked guys who work, and are responsible. And I must sheepishly admit that it gets my eyes sparkling like nothing does. Because men who are busy are men who are often inspiring. And while outcomes vary depending on choice, men who are busy are men who often meet with opportunities to become a person of character.

You smile and say, “How are you?”
And I say, “Just fine.”
I always forget to tell you I love you…
I loved you from the very first day!

I’ll somehow always like superman even if I never tell it. And I’ll wonder if he would ever like me. Or, to put it another way, if he would ever more than just sort of like me.

And I watch you fly around the world
And I hope you don’t save some other girl.
Don’t forget! Don’t forget about me!
I’m far away but I’ll never let you go.
I’m lovestruck and looking out the window.
Don’t forget! Don’t forget where I’ll be…

Right here wishing the flowers were from you...
Wishing the card was from you…
Wishing the call was from you…
‘Cause I loved you from the very first day!

I know there is no one in my life right now. It’s actually just fine with me. I like it this way for now. But I have to admit that I do find it very hard to imagine that I’ll never fall in love with Superman.

‘Cause I watched my Superman fly away!
He’s got a busy day today…
He’ll save the world; I’ll be around…
I watched Superman fly away!
I swear I’ll be with him someday!
I’ll be right here on the ground…
When he comes back down.

I’m crossing my fingers that somehow, someday I’ll get to be with Superman. :)

Comments

  1. i emote with you dear, and the weather isnt really helping any. regardless, we still have the world to see, right, cor? on superheroes' backs man or through cheap promo fare, hehe. i look forward to that, and take joy in that, and i pass it on to you.: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. aba...you're on the internet right now, lalie? nice pic but why is it hard to make you out there? i prefer the one on my phone....hehe...by the way, when you say, 'we still have the world to see', are we punning? ^_^ like, is it in the figurative and literal sense??? hehehe.

    thankies dearie...i think i kind of like the weather btw...hehe...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures