sometimes the best thing you can do

here i am again, wondering if i can make this decision. is it okay if i put limits to how much i can take? is it okay to value my sense of happiness, and put a premium on being okay despite my many mistakes or how bad things are?

for some reason, i kind of feel this need to explain because when i just act on it, i feel that it has misled people and i find myself misunderstood.

it's just that before, many people had assumed that just because i seemed okay, my circumstances were okay, or that they were okay for me.

but i need to be okay, and i need my sense of happiness and well-being (even if i have to fight for it) to be able to do the work cut out before me.

so if you think i'm okay and doing fine, that doesn't mean that some things aren't important to me, or that some things i'm okay with writing off.

i'm just forgiving myself and accepting myself despite my shortcomings. it's me learning not to judge myself. me being a friend to myself.

this is a re-post, and i haven't asked permission from my friend, but i don't think she'll mind:

sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

thank you, mimi, for sharing that quote on pinterest. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dried Up

conceit and humility :)