The best ‘good morning’ ever!

Someday, I might be forgetting these things, but for now…

We had a class for persons and family relations and I was hurrying to get to it. It was a little past 8 in the morning already and I was running late. I pushed open the heavy wooden door and slipped inside the room, noticing that most of my classmates had already arrived and were seated.

I made my way to my seat near the back of the room with haste, saying hi to friends along the way. As I did so, I noticed Don turning in his chair to look at me but I didn’t acknowledge him until I managed to sink into my chair situated at an angle behind his.

Still looking at me, he said to me, simply, “Good morning.”

I responded to his greeting with a smile. He turned back in his chair and I suppressed whatever I made of that moment and preoccupied myself with preparing for our tension-saturated class.

When class was finally over, and the tension in my shoulders had relaxed and dissipated some, I allowed myself to think of that moment, and I smiled again, to myself, feeling the elation and glee taking over, running dreamily into my veins and expressing themselves giddily on my lips.

“He said good morning…” I whispered to myself in sweet exhilaration.

Hahaha…it’s always the littlest things that make up the sweetest things. Sweet, sweet ‘good morning’…

July '07

Comments

  1. Ahihihihi crush moment! And I agree, "the littlest things that make up the sweetest things." Simpleng smile lang. Simpleng "hello" o "good morning" lang. Di lang nila alam, binubuo na nila ang araw natin. Haaaay. Pag-ibig!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures