Once upon a time...

And the story begins when Juliet meets Romeo...or so it seemed. (Hahaha)

It was the first day of UP Law, first semester, '07 - '08. We were at a room designated for Persons and Family Relations under Prof. Aguiling-Pangalangan. If I'm not mistaken, that must have been one June 11. There was a long table and there were four seats. I was on the second seat from the right and I was chatting with my new friend, Thea. Thea and I shared so many things, more or less pareho kami ng academic background in terms of performance, pati undergrad, same feelings about expectations on making it to UP Law...I spent a good hour just chatting with her.

After a long time, I turned to the classmate who was a seat away. Smiling, I introduced myself.

"Hi classmate! My name is Cory. May I know your name?"

"Don," he said, smiling back.

"Ah!" I said. "You're Don Romantico."

(First day of class we had an activity where we write our impressions of the other on a piece of paper taped to our backs. I remembered seeing a "Don Romantico" comment.)

"Yeah," he said. "I don't know why George wrote that."

"Don't you know?" I asked. "It's a novelty song."
He didn't know the song...

We chatted for a while. I asked him about his school and the year he graduated and other like info. University of Toronto, he said. [whoa. =) ] He graduated sometime 2002, or 2001, I don't remember...double major: Political Science and Philosophy. Graduated with distinction, i. e., cum laude standing, an average higher than 3.3. Manager of sitio lucia. He showed me a business card. Grabe, made quite an impression.

So I said to him, "You're the one on the directory who was born 1977 - something?". "Yeah", he confirmed, nodding. "So you must be," I continued, "around 30?"

He confirmed it again.

"So you're married!" I exclaimed.

"No," he said, shaking his head and grinning.

"Bakit?!" I exclaimed again.

"Walang pang pumapatol eh," he joked, grinning all the while.

I laughed.

A minute later, the class president got up to the front and announced a grouping for the class. I and Don, and a few other classmates, who would later become some of my close friends, designated ourselves to the same group.

Law school, at this time, was already beginning.

Comments

  1. Oohhh so that's how it began! He's the same age as my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Your brother was also born 1977? So he's married? Hehehe. By the way, kuya, I deleted some previous comments which contained some personal information. - email, YM ID's...just thought to be a little cautious, hehe. ^_^ have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, he was born 1977. he was married but he's having it annulled.

    thanks for deleting those previous comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures