5 random songs

Call me backward but this year is actually the first time that I own a phone that can store songs. I love to listen to these songs a lot, and they are some of my favorite ones and as most things in life go, there are simple stories to them – whether it be on why I listen to them, how I got them, or how I listen to them. I put my music player on shuffle so let’s see what it comes up with and I’ll say something about the song. Let’s limit the number to 5.

1. I Wanna Be With You by Mandy Moore

I have always, always loved this song ever since I was 14 or 15 maybe. It’s my favorite Mandy Moore song. I’ve always loved every version of this song that I listen to in youtube and I can’t get enough of it. The story is that one night, I set out to re-discover this song on the internet, having had lost my own copy of the CD back in 2007, and I came upon this heavenly acoustic rendition of it by Mandy herself. I swear you would have thought it was an angel singing to you. I couldn’t bear it. It was just so beautiful that the next day I went to the College of Music to sign up for singing lessons for a semester. I was totally inspired.

Most songs I listen to, I love to listen to because it reminds me of something. I listen to this song because it’s the simplest feeling and the best reason to be with anyone. Like even when you’re just attending mass, the reason why you’re there is because you want to be with the One who’s there. Like when you’re with a friend, the reason why you’re with them is because you want to be with them, and in all the time you’ve been together, you’ve never changed your mind about wanting to be with them. That’s why I listen to this song.

2. No Ordinary Love by Jennifer Love Hewitt

I was a fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt when I was young. Me and my high school friends, especially my bestfriend, all were. So I’ve been listening to this song ever since I was in first year high school, and to this day, I still do.

3. Won’t Go Home Without You by Maroon 5

It was an accident how this song got into my song list. The first few songs on my phone were songs I got from my cousins who downloaded them from the internet and put them on my phone and then sent it to their phones via Bluetooth. I’m glad I didn’t delete it because I actually enjoy listening to this song and I even dance along to it while I’m getting ready to go somewhere. I like this song. :)

4. Good Riddance by Green Day

I like this song. The lyrics are great. You could learn a thing or two from its wisdom and perspective – Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road./ Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go./ So make the best of this test and don’t ask why./ It’s not a question but a lesson learned in time./ It’s something unpredictable but in the end is right./ I hope you had the time of your life. Great advice. Great melody too. I particularly admire how the songwriter was able to come up with lyrics that have been inspired by a break-up and make it in such a way that the song’s listeners can take what they can from it and “tailor-make” it to whatever circumstance they’d like to apply it to in their life. Wonderful.

5. Breathe by Taylor Swift

I have a lot of Taylor songs on my list. I like to listen to this one because the hummed parts are nice and it’s a song for sad, reflective moments.

That’s it. That’s 5 random songs on my song list. Share yours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dried Up

conceit and humility :)