hum songs

I do not know why, it is not deliberate; but there are times when I suddenly find myself humming a song without so much as thinking about it, and for some reason, the song I hum is “Make It Easy On Me” by the once popular British group band Steps.

The song is not actually a personal favorite of mine and I do not even harbor a desire to avail myself of a copy but still – there I go. It’s my default hum-to song. I don’t even know why. Maybe it’s because the melody of the song is unexplainably hum-mable to me. : )

I announced that to the people in bellecroft one night, while I was washing my dishes and I found myself humming it, without so much as a thought prefacing the action. I smiled at catching myself and told the others about it.

“My default hum song is What Can I Do To Make You Love Me,” Clyde said in turn.

“No!” I contradicted her, rolling my eyes. “It’s ‘Wake up, wake up on a Saturday night…’ by Hilary Duff.”

“Meron pang iba,” Cherry Anne said.

“Ano? Five hundred twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes…” I asked, half-singing, half-saying the song.

“No, may isa pa,” Cherry said.

“Do you ever trust your first, initial feeling…?” I guessed, though I felt Clyde didn’t sing that particular song so much.

“No, meron pa eh…” Cherry tried to think.

“Oh yeah, I know what you’re talking about Cherry Anne!” Clyde exclaimed. They talked about that song I don’t know what.

Wala lang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

valentines 2011