2007

Age 21. That was a pivotal year for me. In hindsight, I realize it was the year that I started growing up. It was also a very painful year.

2007 was the year that my snowglobe of heartfelt hopes and secret aspirations fell from my hands and shattered on the floor. I took it hard. I sank into depression and it would only be two years later when I would finally lift out of it and say, "That's enough. It won't happen again."

2007 was the year I called up UP from my home province and was told that I made it to my alma mater's College of Law. Depressed and all, not really all that keen to become a lawyer and all, I nevertheless couldn't help but smile as I heard the pronouncement of my admission to that law school.

2007 was the year I met Mae, Marian, Thea, Anna, Russ, Di, Sopfie, and Don. And all the other great peeps of Block B 2011. It was awesome to meet them. Through the culture shock, the crushing weight of our readings, and the terrifying professors, nevertheless, it was the best of times...as Dickens would put it. (Let me give credit where credit is due.)

2007 was the year I met the man I would first fall in love with. He's still, to me, the most amazing man I ever knew. To me lang naman. But I secretly think that I really am right that he is just plain incredible.

2007 was the year I realized the value of this friend who never left me even though I had tried my best to be the most trying of persons EVER! It was also the year that I realized that the value of most of the company I keep with was really worth gold and that I really hit the jackpot with them.

2007 was also the year I left law school because of my own personal reasons. I would try to burn the bridges I made because I had snottily and haughtily left it or I don't know but anyway, I would realize that I can't burn those bridges I made. Apparently, they had been forged with sterner stuff. I realize that whether I was meant to become a lawyer or not, those few short months were life's gift to me. A push to help me discover things...about me.

Well, anyway, 2007 was A LOT to me. It was very memorable. Aside from all the other important miscellaneous things that took place, it was also the year I stumbled into Atty. Theodore Te's blog and with my penchant for clicking away at links, I led myself into the world of livejournal accounts that serendipitously included extended nori paper and johnfards.

Long live, 2007. Love the pain, the heartache, the stress, the coming-of-age, the whole enchilada(!) that you brought. Peace! Wouldn't change anything about you.;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures