Announcer

I heard this at a fair I went to last February 14 at Clark Air Base. I think it was called the Hot Air Balloon Festival. The first time that Clyde asked me to go with the group I replied, "Sure. I'm 80% agreed to go."

They asked me, "What of the 20%?"

"Oh that's just for contingency. My 'no' might enlargen and encroach on the 'yes' or the 'yes' will swallow up the 'no.' You never know," I said, smirking to myself.

Anyway, Clyde pressed me to go for about two weeks even until the last minute when she finally managed to get me to come with. It was the doleout and the promised pilgrimage after the festival that did it. The chance to cast three wishes upon entering a church I've never entered before got me.

I slept over at Bellecroft and we left in the wee hours of the morning. It was then that I finally met Sunshine, the coffee painter. Clyde and Cherry had been inviting me to go to her gallery exhibition but I had not been able to.

It was fun! I really enjoyed myself and the others' company. I surmised that one of the reasons for that was that even though I wasn't close with the others, I was nevertheless with a bunch of people who were really nice...people you could be readily comfortable with. I knew it: it's really nice to be with genuinely nice people. You never have to worry about anything much with them. They're nice to be with. (I think this is too much use of the word nice...Hehe. It's just that walang sakit sa ulo to be with them eh...just really appreciated that. They epitomize nice kasi.)

Anyway, there were lots of families with kids, teenagers, couples, babies and even pets who attended that last day of that four-week long fair. And at one point, this was overheard from the announcer's booth:

"Mr. So-and-So, your little girl is waiting for you here at our booth. Don't worry, she is okay but she is just worried that YOU are LOST. Next time, please let her know where YOU are going so that she will not worry about YOU. Thank you."

We laughed.

The fair wasn't everything I wished it to be though so while there I drew up a partial list for future's sake of "How To Enjoy Fairs Better." Here it goes:

1. Bring banig. Or something nice to sit and lie on.

2. Bring soft pillows. The kind that you can bring outdoors and allow exposure to some dirt or pollution so that your heart won't ache at the thought of all that dust and dirt ruining even if invisibly your pretty and well-cared for pillows.

3. Bring water and food. Jugfuls of water and basketfuls of food...junk food, happy food, healthy food, ready-to-eat food, etc.

4. Bring myuuusiiic!!! (The part of music is meant to be sung.)

5. Bring or think of no-brainer activities to serve as time-fillers.

Etcetera, etcetera.

Anyway, my thanks to Clyde for badgering me to go, and to all the other members of our small party: Cherry, Marisel, Sunshine, Hannah, Cress, Hannah's friend and...no one else na noh? It was so good to travel to Pampanga at dawn and back from there at dusk and with your company to boot!

And and! how can I forget! I made three wishes at the church we went to afterwards: crossing my fingers and my heart that they come true!!!

Comments

  1. Oh, we went there too. If I'm not mistaken, that was also Feb 14. We did bring banigs, food, cards and board games. Lotsa cameras too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're luckier!! We sat on the bare, uncovered, uncushioned, cemented ground! hope you also had fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dried Up