going through brains

You know, sometimes my bestfriend scares me. Sometimes, I cannot CANNOT believe that she knows me.

Check this out:

Lala: because i know you so well, bawal mag-backout at the last minute!

Cory: I dare you to not show up!!!!!!!
of course, dearie, rain or shine, i'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!
mag-roll call ka pa!!!!!
by the way, did you read my shoutout?????!!!!!!
oh and by the way, question:
by your definition, am I someone who "reads a lot"?

Lala: shoutout where?

Cory: in my blog

Lala: by my definition, you are someone who reads, and snubs, lot
aaah. no.
not yet, wait

Cory: come on....am I someone who reads a lot???? minus the snubbing part????

Lala: fine, ya, you're someone who reads - deeply- a lot
(ack almost got my fingers burned from typing that! )

Cory: i am someone who reads a lot????
really????
let's dissect that....
i read a lot????
really?????

Lala: well, you read not LOT lot
but you read a lot
and more importantly, you read (new things) into what you read

(I didn't realize that I do that...Moreover, I didn't realize that she knew that!)

Cory: okay...now i'm the one having a hard time following this....
wow....such an in-depth well-informed, insightful psychoanalysis of my character...
do i pay you for taking notes while i'm lying on the couch????

Lala: you dont but you should

Cory: is that what you mean by deeply?????

Lala: i dunno, is it? hehe
read my words

Cory: but i don't know how to read!!!!
that's why i was asking!!!
hehehehe

Lala: thats cause i havent yet teturned your book pala no> hehe

Cory: oui!!!!!!!!!!!this was the perfect segue!!!!!!!
aren't i clever?????????
just that Kuya Nikki said that he bets i read a lot...
and clyde reads i don't know maybe three books a month but I don't know if i read as much...
maybe i skim about as much...
but within a longer time frame???
hahaha!! skim na nga eh...

Lala: aaaa so how did kuya nikki end up reading you pala?

Cory: can't wait to know????
very short and simple story lang naman eh...
barely a comment's length....

Lala: ok, will not take the bait, save the one-comment-length story for tomorrow

Cory: awww....that's five-seconds worth of appropriated conversation time!!
so what about the shoutout???
it was for you!!!!!
youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* excerpt of a conversation in YM, minus the emoticons...

Weirded me out for a minute there. Ghia was with me one time because we were trying (and we succeeded) to write an essay that she needed to turn in to the Master in Nursing Program of UP. I was writing notes on her thoughts so that we would be able to come up with material to use for the essay. I spread out the notes in front of me and her and examined them thoughtfully.

"Is this really how you do it?" she asked me.

"Hmm? I don't know. Maybe. Yeah, I think so. Sometimes," I replied absent-mindedly.

"Just that I feel like you are going through my brain..." she said, probably a bit disconcerted.

Yeah, I know how she feels. It is disconcerting when you experience people do that sometimes...Hehe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dried Up

conceit and humility :)