makapiling ka

I remember last year I would keep hearing this song being played at 4 a.m. When I got a little used to it, I kept looking forward to it, thinking it a perfect start to my day, because it made me hope and anticipate that something (or someone ;) wonderful was going to happen to me someday.

The guitar strums would begin and I’d hear the singer’s voice saying – “Pagdilat, ikaw agad ang hinahanap sa umaga/ Nasaan ka na?/ Malayo ka pa ba?/ Kay tagal ng iyong pagbabalik./”

Minsan…nahuhuli ko ang sariling nakangiti
Malayo ang tingin
Malalim ang isip
Kailangang magkita muli

And at this point, I’d more likely already be staring out the window of the taxi, looking at the sleeping houses I’d pass by in a slow but steady blur in the black and orange of the pre-dawn. I’d be smiling, and not caring if the taxi driver would think me insane.

Sa pagpatak ng bawat sandali
Nakatikom lagi ang aking mga labi
Inaaliw ang sarili sa musika
Nananabik makapiling ka.

And when I’d be alone by myself, I’d soundlessly repeat the chorus to myself, or smile against the pillow when I’d play it for me at 5 a.m., like I did only today.

The song would take me someplace only a song could, to where your heart is secretly awake to, maybe, or to where your heart secretly hopes. It’d do this, whether I’d hear the song playing while I’m swinging myself in the swing, or drawing the curtains aside at 5 a.m., looking at the downcast overhead sky.

Pagdungaw, meron kayang mabuting balitang darating?
Hinahanda ang pagngiti
Kasabay ng pagsampit
Sa ngalan mo pagdating ng sandali…

And suddenly I’d see myself in the middle of the street as though anticipating or waiting for someone, and it would be as though even the sky, the plants, and the trees were singing with me:

Lalong lumalapit
Araw ng pagsapit
Di magkukulang
Laging nag-aabang…

And as though I were telling someone who could not possibly be hearing me:

Sa pagpatak ng bawat sandali
Nakatikom lagi ang aking mga labi
Inaaliw ang sarili sa musika
Nananabik makapiling ka.

Para sa iyo. Kc nananabik na rin ako…para sa ‘yo. : )

Pagdilat, ikaw agad ang hinahanap sa umaga.

I’m waiting for you. Hihintayin kita ha. : )

Comments

  1. Kilig!!! Ahihihihi!

    Hanga talaga ako sa pagsusulat mo. Anu-ano ba ang mga binabasa mo? Babasahin ko rin, kasi gusto ko ring maging magaling. Baka sakali lang masagap ko rin ang mga naginfluence sa iyo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. five stars, darleng! mood, atmosphere, check! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kuya Nikki. :) Always a pleasure to receive a compliment from you. Mga binabasa ko? Youtube comments lang naman eh. Hehe. And nikkiltimate. I used to read johnfards too. Maybe you've heard of them. Beguiling reads, like really. What else? Unreliable yahoo news and some decent books here and there like LOTR or To Kill A Mockingbird. Hehe. Ingat ikaw, Kuya Nikki. Godbless! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now as for you...my first thought was - you make me suspicious about your motives...nyahahaha! That's five out of five, right? Don't I deserve a 6 out of 5????? :p thankies dearie...I memorize your compliments and comments everytime! :p (What?It inflates my ego...) Hehehe...joke lang! Labshu!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

Dried Up