A Taylor Swift Medley

Let’s start with this.

But I took your matches before fire could catch me,
So don’t look now:
I’m shining like fireworks over your sad, empty town!

For anyone who suspects I mean something by it, I’d just like to qualify that if I do mean anything by it, I just mean the thing about it that suggests rising over and above something, even though the lines (and the song) clearly suggested rising over and above someone. It’s better to rise over and above something rather than someone, because a person is more than his or her actions. A person is…someone Christ died for. And Catholic Christianity teaches us to make a distinction between the person and his or her actions. So I’m sorry if I sound like I’m on a bashing spree and the fine lines I am really struggling to observe right now would not appear to anyone to make a difference. My only defense is that I’m also fighting to keep my sanity, and to keep convictions, and to stay afloat. It is also my duty and my responsibility to fight for myself. If God were to convene a tribunal of the parties involved right now, I wonder what He would say. I wonder if it might go something like this:

God to other party: You, why did you drive her to the ground so hard?

To me: And you, why’d you let yourself be driven to the ground so hard?

But enough about that, ‘cause that isn’t what I’m doing here. So to anyone reading, I don’t mean this to be permission to bash or that bashing other people is okay. This is just my way of coping. So back to the medley.

And this one too:

And now that I’m sitting here thinking it through
I’ve never been anywhere cold as you!

And for that time at the department store, where I received a terrible and fantastic put-down, in time that memory will be burned and it’ll be nothing more than ashes…I’ll let it go. So, here’s for you, memory:

As far as I’m concerned, you’re – just another picture to burn!
Burn, burn, burn, baby, burn!
Just another picture to burn!
Baby, burn.

And lastly,

For January 16, 1:00pm:



Enough said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

conceit and humility :)

random misadventures