Dear blog,

I remember a time I had thought of naming you Angel. That's not working for me. Seems as though the impersonal moniker "blog" does just fine. So "blog" it is.

I talked with Kuya Nikki today. And he asked me about my feelings with regard to Someone-I-Used-To-Know, and he told me gently to move on when it's past time to move on (paraphrasing here).

Things with regard to Someone-I-Used-To-Know were a bit painful and recalling them left me with a little heaviness in my heart so I'm trying to dispel here the sad emotions that came back to me. (Just in case Kuya might feel a little guilty, let me preempt a comment of that sort by saying that it's nothing to do with what you brought up. It's not your fault. It's...wala lang..^_^).

This not being a good morning, I decided to try writing things out.

There are lots of things I need to write but I haven't been writing them out. Sheesh. I ought to make time for this as well. It's therapeutic.

Let's confront the difficult questions.

Haven't you moved on, Cor?

Yes and no, I guess. C'mon, I have moved on. Really.

Sometimes, I really consider seriously writing it all out of my system, but there are several things that stop me from doing so.

1. The idea of discretion.

When it comes to matters that pertain to your personal life, is it really prudent or okay to spill them all out in a blog or any other platform open to public perusal? I've long thought this over in my mind but I've never really come up with a clear answer. Sometimes I feel guilty for writing about really personal stuff here, because it breaks the rule of discretion and keeping personal secrets, and this keeps bothering me. One reason why it bothers me an awful lot I guess is that I also come from a background that would not really advise how I write in my blog and how personal it gets that I sometimes feel guilty. I feel as though I'm breaking a rule I ought to be following.

2. Thinking about the other person.

I wonder how Someone-I-Used-To-Know would feel if I wrote about the private moments that occurred between me and him. I know that he is a very discreet person. I know that when writers want to draw stuff from their life for their novels or write an autobiography, that they contact the persons in their lives connected to their work to ask for permission to write about them in order to get their work published but I really can't imagine trying to contact Someone-I-Used-To-Know only to say, "Hey, by the way, can I write about you? I'll exercise a certain level of restraint, consideration, and discreetness in writing so anyway. Now will you let me write about you?" Hehe. No way. I'm not gonna do that.

But yes, I do entertain in my mind the idea of writing him all out. That would actually provide a bit of a closure for me. It would help.

But anyway... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dried Up

conceit and humility :)